There are many benefits to hiring a virtual bookkeeper. And many resources as well to make the process a smooth and seamless one. Here is a list of a few from The Bean Counters Bookkeeping.
1. No overhead. This is a big reason because as a business owner one of the things you are always trying to cut is your overhead. Increased overhead means reduced profit and no business owner wants reduced profit. You will save money on insurance, payroll taxes and benefits because these are all expenses that an outsourced bookkeeper will have to cover themselves. You also save money on poor productivity that comes with hiring a full-time employee.
2. More office space. An outsourced bookkeeper works primarily out of their own office and not yours. This means that you have more office space to use for your operations staff. Or if you are a virtual based business yourself, you don't have to try and find space for this person to work at.
3. Save money on technology. We all know how expensive it can be to onboard a new person. You may need to buy a new computer and increased licensing on some of the software's they will use. With an outsourced bookkeeper, again these are costs that the bookkeeper will have to pay for themselves as a business owner. Plus they will have the knowledge and resources using the best applications out there to be able to help make your back office run smoothly.
4. Save time. As a business owner, you tend to do one of two things - spend all your time trying to do the bookkeeping yourself or having your office manager double as the bookkeeper, receptionist and personal assistant. Sound familiar? If you are doing it yourself, you need to stop. While you need to know and understand the financials in your business, you need to focusing you attention on generating sales and working in your core business. If you have an office manager doing the bookkeeping, you are losing money because that person isn't able to focus on being the best she can be as an office manager because she is dividing herself to perform the other duties. Either way, your office is not performing at top capacity.
5. Expertise. By outsourcing your accounting and bookkeeping, you are receiving knowledge and expertise at a reduced rate. Whether they work alone or with a team of complimenting experts, they will be able to implements processes that will help your firm operate efficiently and effectively.
What benefits have you experienced from using and outsourced bookkeeper? If you don't outsourced these services, how much time do you spend away from clients because you are managing your own business finances?
To learn more on how to maintain a financially thriving business, The Bean Counters Bookkeeping at 912-376-9918.